Sunday, April 12, 2009

Anyone have any tips or instructions to designing floral arrangements?

My sister is having a baby girl soon and I thought I could make a nice arrangement instead of buying an overpriced one. I am not sure if I am going to use a basket or vase. What would I need to use a basket to be sure it doesnt leak? Any ideas would be appreciated.... I am new to this!

Anyone have any tips or instructions to designing floral arrangements?
Go to this site....http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displ...
Reply:I started out typing directions on how to make a basket floral arrangement. When my answer got to be mini book length, I realized I can%26#039;t teach you in this forum. Let me make a simpler suggestion. Get a teddy bear, small wooden blocks. and 2 sizes of baby bottles.and a piece of Styrofoam. Attach the bear to the foam with a wire around the bend of it%26#039;s legs, when it is sitting down. Set the tall bottle behind him for support ( hot glue will work on plastic bottles ) Set ( with hot glue )the 2 smaller bottles around the larger bottle. Stack the blocks in a pleasing way in the empty spaces around the bottles and the bear. Wrap the side of the foam block with decorative ribbon and fill in the empty spaces around the bear and the bottles and blocks with some cellophane shred. Fill the bottles with water and insert daisies. Use yellow and white. We used to sell these in the floral shop for major bucks. I hope I was clear with my instructions. You see, it takes no floral skills.



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment